Sunday 17 December 2017

ANK on "Who are they?"

I suppose most authors get asked the same questions:
Where do you get your ideas from?
Who are the real-life people who inspire your characters?
What goes on in your mind?
WOAW! Let's put that one straight right now ☺ It's not so much my mind that comes up with everything and anything. My mind provides a seed for the story, and my characters then take it further. I am only the monkey at the keyboard ☺ Honest!

The ideas that seed a story are plentiful and present themselves in abundance almost every day.

The magic ingredients, the heart and soul of the story, are my characters.
How they work their way through the story; their unique way of dealing with a situation (which is generally very different from how I envisaged it!); their values, fealties, and allegiances. They take me by surprise every time. And I am still getting used to it. But there you go.
I don't want to put too many labels on my protagonists - namely Bella, Dylan, and Nick - or even on the supporting characters. But I will try to write a short piece about each of them over the coming weeks. To get you acquainted with them. They are precious to me, and I want them to be known and understood.
You can meet them in The Sphere before they go on the long journey home in The Odyssey.
These people undergo massive personal changes as they progress their journey over the Sphere-World series.
Nothing stays the same; once the die has been cast nobody can stop it from rolling! Circumstances change, and changing circumstances shape the people. Even eternal alien beings are not immune to the unforeseeable forces of the unpredictable universe. Good luck, guys! You will need it.

The Sphere is available from Amazon and free for #kindleunlimited subscribers.
The Odyssey is was up for nomination on #kindlescout; You can still read the excerpt.

Please visit & vote.
Enjoy a happy festive reading-season!
ANK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0779DC71Lhttps://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/MTSLC3EVZMIU


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

ANK on "Who are they?"

I suppose most authors get asked the same questions: Where do you get your ideas from? Who are the real-life people who inspire your char...

Most popular