Saturday 7 July 2018

ANK on Nick's Stories

As my latest project - Homecoming, which is book 3 of the Sphere-World Series - inches towards the finishing line (aka publishing), I am looking for something that I can fill my writing-time with in-between bouts of editing.
I am restraining myself from starting with my next novel at this stage. Just because it is too tempting to start hammering away at a new project rather than finishing off the previous one. Having said that, though: I do need a writing-based distraction from editing. Editing is hard work - it requires a lot of concentration, checking, re-checking, researching, re-phrasing etc. Not a mean feat.
Writing new content is a piece of cake in comparison!
And while I indulge in gathering ideas, making notes, and thinking about story-lines, I couldn't help but notice, that Nick Cole is rather prolific at crafting stories. I did touch on the essence of some of his stories in my books. But there was never enough time and space to tell more than their bare bones. Which is a shame - because Nick's stories are beautiful, epic, and imaginative. I love to listen to them. I guess they take me back to my childhood when fairy tales formed a vital part of my life.
And because I love stories, and Nick's stories in particular, I decided to help him to introduce his stories to a broader audience by publishing them on this blog!

He was a tad reluctant at first, but I eventually managed to wrestle his data-skin from him. Nick graciously helped me to convert the files containing his stories, notes, and ideas from space-age gobbledygook to text-files my old-fashioned laptop can read and process. He is a genius! But to those who know Nick, that's nothing new!
Over the coming months, I will compile and post Nick's stories. I will talk to him and ask him for his input. And once we are both happy with the finished product, I shall post them for everybody to enjoy.

Look out for posts labelled with "Nick's Stories", and if you want to make sure never to miss one, consider subscribing to my mailing list.
Stay tuned and Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

ANK on "Who are they?"

I suppose most authors get asked the same questions: Where do you get your ideas from? Who are the real-life people who inspire your char...

Most popular