Saturday 3 September 2022

ANK on The incredible joy of receiving positive R.E.V.I.E.W.S.

Every writer - or any artist for that matter - who puts themselves "out there" for others to scrutinize knows just how important it is to receive R.E.V.I.E.W.S.
Often, a dreaded word, spoken in a hushed voice and only behind closed doors, it is a nail-biting experience to read, what others think of your work.
And we are not just talking about any old reviews. We want good reviews.
For writers/authors/novelists we are talking 4- and 5-star reviews on #Amazon, #Goodreads, and any other reader-powered platform.
Apart from the star-spangled appearance, the review should also give future readers an insight into why they should bother reading a specific book.
Reviews can make or break a novel. They are akin to a compass for readers to find your book
And the readers are in Charge (please note, that I am using a capital C on purpose here).

I could write like Terry Pratchett*, or tell stories like the legendary Scheherazade** - who so skillfully managed to make a twisted emperor fall in love with her through the stories she told him in 1001 Arabian Nights. But if I cannot make my readers fall in love with my stories, they will not talk about it, or worse, they will write a less than favorable review. Word will not spread, and nobody will want to read my books.

* and **
Please note, that I am by no means delusional. I do not think for a second I am anywhere near to either Pratchett or Scheherazade!

Please visit my author pages on Goodreads and Amazon, or get in touch via email at anathea.krrill@gmail.com or connect on Twitter and IG @anatheakrrill 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

ANK on "Who are they?"

I suppose most authors get asked the same questions: Where do you get your ideas from? Who are the real-life people who inspire your char...

Most popular